Skip to Content
Pickup Coaching
-->
9 replies [Last post]
So my text game is terrible and I'm looking for some advice on my latest train wreck haha. I met this girl a couple weeks ago, she was talking to a couple friends of mine who were taken, I see she's already aroused, so I swoop in, spin her and pull her in. We chat for a sec then dance and chill for the rest of the night, we made out a bunch. Text convo is such:

3/23 1:57AM Me: We're totally playing sc, great meeting you --Me
3/23 10:40AM Her: Hey. Sounds good to me
3/25 1:45 PM Me: Hey let's grab drinks later
3/26 10:45 AM Her: Hey sorry my phone was off
3/27 12:19 AM Me: No worries, sometimes a break is nice(I was really busy this day, forgot to text back till then)
4/2 10:07 PM Me: Hey, down for some sc2?(we both play sc2, figured it'd be good because even if she doesn't remember me very well it's low commitment and once she starts talking to me again outside of a club environment it's easy mode.)

The girl is a solid 8 and a bit nerdy which is great. We had a great time. She was there with a bouncer who looked like he'd been friendzoned because he didn't like me very much, and while I got her outside and we were going to bounce to a bar then back to my place, she left her stuff with him and he wouldn't give it to her so she could leave and he convinced her to stay. Anyway she was a bit drunk while we were hanging out so I'm not sure how much of the night she remembers, I made sure she didn't drink any more and she didn't look past tipsy but everyone holds their alcohol differently. Honestly I look back on this and feel retarded because I don't know where to start, should I start sending more flirty stuff? How do I come up with it? I figure this is probably a lost cause but I'd like to glean something from it because lately it seems like I learn nothing from my failures in following up. I usually have one or two solid interactions per week but always have a hard time meeting up with the girls later.
Buddhagames's picture
hahaha this post made me
hahaha this post made me laugh really hard.

You're thread title is fucking hilarious- only because me and pretty much everyone coming on here is in the same exact boat as you. None of us really knows what the fuck we're doing. I try to pretend like I do, but really, I feel you on that. It was just so honest man, I love that. Hilarious.

Second reason I laughed- when you say sc2... are referring to "starcraft 2" and if that is the case- did you really just set up a date with a girl to play starcraft 2?

If so, THAT IS THE COOLEST SHIT I'VE HEARD. Like probably not a great date idea, just cause there is zero room for any escalation... But way to stay true to yourself man. Also- if you do end up doing that as a 1st date and then fuck her later... PLEASE, OH PRETTY PLEASE- post your god damn lay report because lord knows that's gonna be some KINKY ASS SHIT.

Anyway- this post isn't gonna help you much, sorry for it being kinda pointless. I just really enjoyed reading this and got a good laugh.

It's Just Something You Have To Do If You Want To Be Great- Manwhore

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Hahaha thanks man I had a lot
Hahaha thanks man I had a lot of fun writing it up. Yeah the escalation thing is a bit of a problem but it's a quick date and it's easy to tease about her play. LR is definitely going to be posted if it goes down. Lol that reminds me of the time that I pulled this one girl home, she knew I was a huge geek so assumed I was epicly perverted, so she's asking me to be as perverted as possible: "do you want me to be princess Zelda?" good stuff.
Ok your texting is lifeless
Ok your texting is lifeless and dickless.

We're totally playing sc, hooliganing it up. 'battlenet secret' name your game "naked college girls 3 vs 3" and everyone will join

Hey let's grab drinks later. I been meaning to suck the blood out of a protoss hybrid. Theyre the best

Hey, sc2 is calling. Tell you what, I'll be the winner you can be the loser. I'm going to smear you my lil zergling mermaid

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

- Autismus Terminus Finis (Root Cause/Cure of Autism Epidemic)

- Called Off My Wedding & Other Turn Tail Signs Of The American Male

Tap Or Click For Personal Coaching Information

You're far too good at this.
You're far too good at this. I stole the last text.

4/3 5:41 Me: Hey, sc2 is calling. Tell you what, I'll be the winner you can be the loser. I'm going to smear you my lil zergling mermaid
4/3 6:38 Her: I know! It's just hard for me to get down to sb :(
4/3 7:20 Me: Herp derp you can drive right? I'm going to put a xel naga in you ;-) (So this line had me cracking the fuck up so I figured I'd use it despite the possibility of it coming off really strange. Also, maybe an over escalation?)
4/3 7:21 Her: I have no car (So I'm assuming this means, 'well that was fucking creepy')
4/3 7:23 Me: :( ah I see, when are you moving down here? (I guess me not taking the hint, I should be using humor to dig myself out of a hole here? She mentioned that night that she's moving to my city soon)
4/3 7:29 Her: I'm living in "city 40 minutes away"

Gah it seems like I'm way over thinking all of this, but at the same time how else am I going to learn.

EDIT: My next idea is "ah the fabled city of angels, or was it whale's vagina...?" might as well go off tangent and sprinkle in an Anchorman reference to take it out of the sour direction, your thoughts?
You could have actually said
You could have actually said "oh man whats wrong! That xel naga line had be busting up. You alright pumpkin??"

You can draw attention to a girl's poor mood because youre going to constructively take it in a good direction. If she shares with you whats up you can joke about it and cheer her up. If she doesnt answer or refuses to acknowledge it its clear this girl is already ruined for you. You basically went too logical and ignored the emotional content behind her words

I go in and I'm crisp, clean and my vocals are fucking coming out like music. - Anonymous MW student

Whoa very insightful.I sent:
Whoa very insightful.
I sent: 'Aw, you alright love? You seem a bit curt.' at 8:57
No answer yet but either way it was a great learning experience, I'll be subscribing and posting more. Next time I'll try to respond to emotional undertones and be more flirty.
Ok a couple things.. probably
Ok a couple things.. probably a bit late to send that text- 1.5 hrs later AND, more importantly, you described how she was treating you, not HER emotional state. Almost like saying.. gee golly I wish you weren't being such a bitch to me right now it kinda hurts my feelings. Get it? I'm referring to 'you seem a bit curt.' Instead ask how her day is or what's getting her down. Tell her you have some strawberry milk to cheer her up

Buddhagames's picture
Yuppppp, that's such a good
Yuppppp, that's such a good catch. I didn't notice that. Real cool insight.

It's Just Something You Have To Do If You Want To Be Great- Manwhore

"Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am, Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary, Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest, Looking with side-curved head curious what will come next, Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it."

Haha cool, yeah I get it.
Haha cool, yeah I get it. Focus on her emotional state and leading her into a happier place, not on yours. Hopefully I'll nab a couple more numbers this weekend so I can mess with this some more. I think I'll grab a couple texts from the database and try to breathe life into past flares.