Don't be mistaken that hard work has to be hard
My latest shift I've experienced
For as long as I could rememeber I was over working myself, yet not getting that much shit done. Lately, I'm trying to be more calculated and efficient with my approach to everything.
I talked to you guys about academics half way through my semester when I was feeling super drained. I was doing well but really beating the shit out of myself. I tried all the advice you guys gave me, and I got really fucking good at learning my shit efficiently. I'm doing even better now, some of the highest scores in my classes, and I'm studying half as much.
What I've learned: You can do good work without beating the shit out of yourself. I am sitting here lightly reviewing material for my final exams that I already know, while everyone else is on an adderall binge staying up all night. Part of me still believes I should be suffering right now... :p
How'd you improve your memory/information retention?
My bad shoulda mentioned that!
- Read/review chapters I learned in class either the day I learned them or the day after
- Ask questions and get answers immediatly as they arise, whether it be from the teacher or google
- Actually sharing information with other students who would often give me tips on shit they have been learning too (important because people will start wanting to help you succeed too)
- Making up the most bizzare stories to remember shit (thats how world champion memory athletes do it)
- Learning small details and then thinking big picture, and how it relates to the class as a whole
- working in 30 min intervals
- Being present and trying to understand how exactly the teacher's learning style relates to what they are ACTUALLY trying to say, they often give huge hints and shortcuts that people tend to miss
Kim I always go to class, but I've found that I am teaching myself 90 percent of the material through the textbook, so I'll start giving that a try.
By the way boys I finished with a 3.9 GPA this semester that's higher than I ever got in high school. Shit works much love.
What is your major?
What is your major?
Im a PA major so its very similar to pre-med