I know most of you guys on here are ambitious, on you're path and don't need much life advice, since you're all alpha, but below is something I typed up and read every morning to get through the bullshit that I was going through. There is a lot of noise on the internet when it comes to self development, so you gotta look at yourself and really assess what it is you need.
This focuses on what I want to be (character), what i want to do (contributions and achievements) and values upon which being and doing are based.
1. To value my own words and DO WHAT I SAY. Hold yourself to the highest degree of integrity.
2. Be thankful, grateful. Avoid complaining at all costs when life is not ideal or convenient. Have a positive attitude and grounded demeanour. Life is abundant not scarce. YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM
3. Understand that life is a gift, a one off opportunity. Strive to live in the moment, be present, positive and enjoy every breath. Avoid any information, people and content that will negatively affect your state of mind.
4. Do not let activities irrelevant to your goals dominate your life such as incessant social media, toxic activities such as gossip and drug abuse and people who waste your time. Prioritise and manage your time according to your path and purpose. Time is a scarce resource and is continuously diminishing.
5. Surround yourself with family and friends who admire you for who you currently are, who like to see you grow and want to grow themselves.
6. Enhance my health and physique, by pushing myself in the gym and consuming foods and content which will help the mind and body grow. So I can be strong physically and mentally. Limit processed and refined sugar foods.
7. Embrace learning at all stages of life. Never stop learning, never accept laziness and stagnation.
8. Gain mastery in skills which will lead to the cultivation of a lucrative, enjoyable and value creating career/life.
9. Respect and share positive emotions with my family, friends and other human beings. Expect that respect back in return and walk away if you feel undeserved disrespect.
10. Embrace change and stepping out of your comfort zone, reach new levels. Cease the opportunities which will allow you to step out of your comfort zone. Experiences such as travelling alone, Cold approach pick up, intentionally placing yourself in situations where you will need leadership skills and progressing with weight lifting in the gym.
To be loyal to myself is to allow myself to grow and change, challenge who I am and what I think and most importantly value my own words and actions.